1. ) Elvis Presley’s home, Graceland, is located in Memphis, Tennessee. Graceland is the second most visited house in American behind the White House.
2. ) Knoxville was the site of 1982 World’s Fair. Over 11,000,000 people attended.
3. ) Elizabethton was the home of Samuel Powhatan Carter, the only person in American history to be an admiral in the navy and a general in the army.
4. ) Reelfoot Lake in western Tennessee was formed as a result of the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812. The earthquakes were the most powerful to strike the eastern United States in its recorded history. Seismologists estimate the earthquakes would have measured about seven on the Richter Scale.
5. )Nashville, Tennessee, the state’s capital, is widely considered the country music center of the world.