New York – the Empire State
Interactive Map | Printables | Online Activities | Top 5 Facts | History | People | In Detail | Video
Click the points of the map below to learn more
New York Printables
NewYork Online Extras
New York State Bird: Eastern Bluebird
New York Online Label-me Map
Label, Color, and Print a beautiful New York map online! You can even choose the font and get clues if you don’t know the location of a New York landform, landmark, city, or neighboring state. Click the picture above.
Top Five Facts
1. ) New York City is the nation’s largest city and is home to many famous landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, the Empire State Building and more.
2. ) Syracuse, New York averages more snow in the winter than any other city in the United States.
3. ) Niagara Falls, shared by the United States and Canada, is North America’s most voluminous waterfall.
4. ) Lake Placid, New York was the site of the 1980 Winter Olympics and the famous "Miracle on Ice," which saw the United States hockey team defeat Russia and eventually win the gold medal.
5. ) New York’s Catskill Mountains was the setting of Washington Irving’s famous novels: Rip Van Winkle and the Legend of Sleepy Hollow.
New York in History
Johnny Burgoyne’s Surrender at Saratoga
How does New York’s history compare to other states? Click below to try State History Rater
People of New York
Iroquois Nation Flag
New York in Detail
Buffalo, New York
Selected New York Video – New York City